Saturday, April 21, 2012

A day with Reef

As I mentioned before, I live with my brother, Reef. I think Reef is pretty cool....
Since he remembers more of District Four than I do, so he does a lot of water-related things... he fishes, swims, and rows. He even could be counted as good looking, as hard as it is to say.
Anyway, today Reef and I went fishing. We enjoy bringing back fish for Katniss and Mom to cook every so often, because it reminds us of Dad. But then again, that's why sometimes we hate it.
Reef taught me how to fish at six, so at fourteen I'm pretty good. In five minutes we had three fish.
''I think Katniss is having company over for dinner,'' Reef said. ''Hmmm...'' I said, not taking my eyes off a fish. Reef sighed. ''This is enough fish, I think, Reef,'' I said after the fish swam away. Bad luck. He shrugged and rowed us back in. Reef is definitely a boy of little words.
~Rue Annie Odair

No comments:

Post a Comment