Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mom Has Exciting News!

Mom has her own part of the attic.... one that doesn't shoot lasers at you.;)
(I've gotten better, thank you)
''Rue,'' said Mom suddenly, ''Come here. I want you to try on a dress.'' I looked up  curiously. Mom was holding up a brown dress, beautiful yet simple. ''Um, sure,'' I said and took the dress. At a closer view, I saw beautiful stitchery. Obviously handmade.

Inline image 1
The dress felt heavy but as soft as silk. Though when I touched the dress it was as tough as canvas. ''It's a dress meant to be comfortable but survive extreme weather,'' Mom said, noticing me looking at it curiously. ''It's very pretty,'' I said. ''Yes, I believe so too. When my name was called I was wearing that dress. That was the 64th Hunger Games,'' Mom said, watching my face intently. ''Oh,'' I softly said. ''I got a letter, Rue, a few weeks ago. Please read it out loud,'' Mom said. She handed me the letter. I don't care to tell you every single detail but I'll tell you the outline of the letter:
You are invited to celebration of the Hunger Games, because it stopped.
Old prep team and Hunger Games survivors present.
Arrive early.
''Are we going?'' I asked. ''Yes,'' Mom said. ''Wow! Are Finch and her family going to be there?'' I asked. ''Sweetie, I don't know. The Mellark's are doing lots of important things, they may not be there,'' Mom said. ''Oh. Too bad,'' I said.
What do you think?
~Rue

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES YES YES YES!!! I can't WAIT for you to come!!!
    OMHG (Oh My Hunger Games!) I'm soooo excited!
    Gtg Dad wants to show me the different types of bread from around Panem :P
    Finch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't sure when we're going to come. Mom says a plane might come in an hour, OR a month. But I can't wait to see you!
      ~Rue
      P.S. I'm saved from you dad for at least a day. Thank goodness! JK.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha. Sometimes I wonder what Dad's dreams are like!
      And here comes Effie for a 'manners' lesson

      Delete