Wednesday, May 2, 2012

''Gale''

Hi all!
I have a interesting story to tell.... I'm not sure if I quite understand it yet. Anyway, here we go!

School had just finished, so Reef, Finch, and I were walking back home.  When we got near our house, we heard talking voices.
''C'mon,'' said Reef, who had been acting a little weird lately, ''Let's listen!'' I stared at him for a while. Reef isn't a eves-dropper. But I decided it couldn't hurt. There would be things I would be listening for, too.
''I can't believe it's happened. Like the old times, I mean,'' I heard Uncle Peeta's voice. ''It has, you can believe it. Effie just called; Paylor's got big ideas. She could turn into a female Snow any time now,'' Haymitch's growl rang out. ''I don't like it one bit. Why would Two have any reason to rebel?'' Aunt Katniss asked. ''The capitol's been holding things back from them. You know how they were before, always to soft and pampered for their own good.'' Haymitch said.
''I knew it! Two's rebelling! I always told you!'' Reef stood up and shouted at them. ''Come up here, boy,'' Haymitch demanded. He stood up on the front porch. ''Up!'' Reef walked up and faced Haymitch. Reef is as tall as Haymitch, too. ''Well? We've got to go help them!'' Reef said. He turned to Aunt Katniss. ''The capitol will always be the capitol! You know it! We've got to fight back!'' He shouted. ''Gale,'' she whispered. Her eyes stayed fixed on Reef before she started shaking. ''Gale,'' she said a little louder. Uncle Peeta shoot an angry look at Haymitch and Reef before he took Aunt Katniss away.
Haymitch looked at Reef, as if blaming him, then stomped down the porch. ''Wait,'' I said, catching up to him. ''Who's Gale?'' I asked. ''Girl, there's thing you couldn't understand,'' He said and stomped away.
What do you think? Who is Gale?
~Rue

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I think I remember him from older propos from 13!!
    I hope we find out soon cuz!
    Finch Primrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps, I relized I just put my name down as Finch. Sorry! And I think you're right... But why would Reef remind Aunt Katniss of Gale?
    Rue

    ReplyDelete