Thursday, June 28, 2012

In an attempt to 'man' me up....

I go all gangster.

A women bustles in to my dark, lonely, small room. ''Get up,'' is the only word she says. She practically drags to a changing room, full of black clothing. Am I going goth? Never mind. She wordlessly dresses me into black clothes. ''Sit,'' she waves a hand to a black chair, in the black bathroom. She gets something that looks like a big, white (a nice change) stapler, and----OWW!!! Pierces my ear. Thankfully, after that, she just wash-cloths four black 'tattoos', on my skin. But notice on the picture above of me, I have FIVE tattoos. Beep. She gets the inky thingymabob and gives me a real tattoo. ''You know, I'm sorta under the age approved for tattoos,'' I whisper through my crying. She doesn't say anything. Big surprise, huh?
A TV brings itself out of the wall. I see a women on the TV. ''Rue Odair,'' she sounds like a robot, ''you have been brought here for a mission. Get all of President Paylor's files and bring them to us. We must always know the real you. We gave you one real tattoo to know this. Go.'' I hate her. Gosh, right now I hate everybody. My arm stings, as well as my ears, and I still have to do work. I want to go home. I want to cry for my mommy.
In the middle of my R rated thoughts the door is slammed open. ''Put your hands in the air!'' A whole bunch of people burst into the door, including: Reef, Finch, Cinna, Gale, Mom, Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch, and David Paylor-Kayman. ''Rue, this isn't exactly the time to go gangster,'' Cinna states. ''RUE?! You got tattoos?!?!'' Mom shrieks. ''I think they look kinda good,'' David says. He blushes instantly as Mom turns to him. ''What did you say? I didn't hear you,'' she snarls. ''Rue?! Shame on you!'' He says, still blushing furiously.
They knock the woman out, and while we're running for our lives I explain to Mom my tattoos aren't real. At least most of them. ''You can wash them off. They're that kind of tattoos.''
''So we don't need to have them removed?'' I shudder. ''Nah.'' I'll admit, I'll cross the 'I-have-one-real-tattoo' bridge when I got to it. In the meanwhile, my one real tattoo made me feel like Pocahontas(from the single surviving Disney movie).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 24 restful hours later Mom comes in with a wash cloth and baby shampoo. ''Ready?'' She asks. I nod. Time to cross that bridge. My lower-arm tattoo is last. She scrubs, scrubs, and (get ready for it)---''RUE! YOU LITTLE SNEAKY LIAR (she really does love me, I swear), THIS IS REAL!'' She cautions in a firm voice: ''tomorrow we are going to have this taken off.'' ''...No,'' I say. Her face says : 'Do you really want to play this game?' ''I want to keep it. It makes me feel like Pocahontas.'' Mom's face relaxes. ''Rue, you could get another fake tattoo just like that,'' she pleads. ''No.'' She frowns. ''Fine, but we're letting your ears heal back,'' she insists. I take two of the earrings out, both on different ears. ''Rue, there's still one more set,'' Mom says. ''I want to keep that too.'' Mom throws her hands up in the air and stomps away, but I won this battle. Reef comes in a moment later. ''You really are going gangster, aren't you?'' Reef asks. He doesn't wait for an answer. He leaves muttering: ''my own younger sister got a tattoo before I did. The shame of it all.''
A very un-gangster gangster,
Rue
 
Don't I look so much better now? Though this whole experience has really changed me. I'll tell you about the clothes later.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Without the black clothing, lipstick, and fake tattoos, maybe. Mom still glares at me every time I pass her, and she won't talk to me. Reef insists he wants a tattoo now. What have I done?.....
      Rue

      Delete
    2. You're just being you! hmmm maybe if we made the tattoo a bit more 'girlier' and convince Reef he DOESN'T want a tattoo maybe your mom might warm up to the idea...

      Delete
    3. What? A 'girlie' tattoo? Finch, Pocahontas doesn't have a 'girlie' tattoo! She's a female warrior! A 'bellatrix' (female warrior in either Greek or Roman)!!!!

      Delete