Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh, Dear

''....Helena,'' I whisper to myself as I stare in the mirror. ''What's that, dear?'' Mammy asks mindlessly. I don't answer her, for my shock is too big. I had just noticed I was the exact image of Helena, Finch's BFF. But that's not possible,...... yet it makes so much sense! Helena---Elena? You just take the H away! And who knows, maybe Helena doesn't like being called Princess (I know I wouldn't :p). Sure, Helena and I could be twins, but she's not snotty or stuck-up.
 
''Dang it! Princess Elena dyed her hair and put in eye changing contacts in---again!'' Jonathan (as I've come to know the man) says. ''And she's not wearing the clothes you told her too,'' Mammy says. ''Not helpful.''
After they had changed me around to look like Elena (and locked her up in a closet) I was ready to go. I was walking out and I heard a 'Hey, Elena.' I turned around and saw David Paylor-Kayman!!!! The president's son!!! ''Um, hi,'' I stammered, blushing furiously. David didn't seem to notice. ''Have you seen Rue? I haven't seen her anywhere, I was hoping I could put my name down on her card,'' he said. Card? Oh yes, dancing cards for the ball. ''I guess I'll see if I can find her later,'' David walks away. Since when had David been interested in me? I'd only seen him once or twice, either while posing or working for the movie. Hmm..... {Finch, don't you dare tease me! ;)}
Dinner was served (me acting as myself): salad and soup, fish, chicken with rolls and rice and orange sauce, cheese, dessert, coffee. After that we danced, and David put his name on my card. (Why can't I make a blushing face?!) Then I had to change to Princess Elena, myself again, and then spy gear!!!
''Rue, go into a dark corner where nobody can see you and change to spy gear. There's a vent in the north tower, keep crawling in it until you get the the third room you pass. Listen and tell me what you hear,'' Jonathan's voice in my ear says. I go into a completely dark room and press a rose. My skin feels cold and bare, but I know when I press the rose all of my body is always covered. So what was it then? ''Rue,'' whispers a sudden, snake like voice in the dark, ''please do tell us where you've been.''
~Rue

No comments:

Post a Comment