Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mysteries lurk around Golum Manor

It turns out Caesar had grabbed me. ''Not that I want to hurt you, but I can't let you get away. I'd lose my job,'' he explained later.
The purple-haired woman lead us down a narrow hallway I hadn't noticed before. In fact, nobody had noticed it. The small door leading to the hallway was barely notable, and only if you looked very closely. She took the door at the end of the bending hallway. Sunshine leaked through the dark hallway, as if showing a hopeful light in a lost sea of black. We had used the back entrance. We walked, visible, on the Capitol street. Caesar had transferred to a tight grip on my left hand, because it'd seem odd any other way. Nobody hindered us, but then again, the only people walking peeked at us under their hoods. At last we got to the end of the long street. To my surprise there was no cold-a-sac, but a sharp end, studded with spikes and a shiny black fence. A sign hung limply on the gate of the fence. 'GOLUM MANOR', it read. A rhyme came back to me, one mothers would tell to their children to keep them out of danger/trouble:
'Golum Manor stands bright and clear,
Shadowing a neighboring car.
Haunting a innocent man,
At least says Nan.'
An odd rhyme, yes, but it was eerie when you were little.  Just at that moment a blood curdling scream sounded, and the Manor---Golum Manor, seemed to shudder. The willow trees started waving without wind, and the grass shoot up quickly without water. ''Mysteries lurk about Golum Manor, Rue. You've only got to face them;'' and I am shoved into the small pebble path. I hear the gate click behind me; and I know that I am locked in.
~Rue~

11 comments:

  1. What? How? Why? I hope you're ok. Can't wait until your next post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Savanah! I'm currently OK. You know, for now..... ;)

      Delete
  2. Rue I was worried sick! I can't wait to hear about what else happened!
    Finch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to wait for a long time! Madeline's going for a whole week, you know.
      AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T POSTED YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!! ;)
      ~RUE~~~

      Delete
    2. I know I'm soooo sorry!!! My computer was broken and I had to get it fixed by Beetee!
      FInch

      Delete
  3. Oh are you okay?!? And finch tell beetee i say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beep.... either I've been hacked or I pressed a wrong button on Beetee's super computer!
    @Finch; ;p
    @Aimeebob; well; they haven't hurt me; so other than being locked in I am okay. I'll make sure Finch tells Beetee hi for you!
    ~Rue~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! And I'm really glad that they havent hurt you! check out my blog at http://aimeesprincesscorner.blogspot.com/ ! thanks bye!

    ReplyDelete