Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dad, Mom, Reef, and I stayed two days after the Mellarks did.
DAY NO. 1:
Hacking random people's accounts. Swimming. Teasing Nora and Reef about the new 'long-distance-re.'. Being lazy. <3
Day NO. 2 (much more interesting):
''We've decided..... It'd be best if Andrea comes with us. She can stay in the guest house.'' Reef announces at breakfast. ''Andrea would live there. You couldn't call it the guest house anymore. It'd be Andrea's house. And besides, it's really the Mellarks' house. We have no right letting Andrea stay there,'' Mom says. ''I've been thinking about that. We need our own house. There's no room for us anymore, and really with Aunt Katniss's new baby and Dad coming home. We could build a house next to their's or a duplex,'' Reef says decidedly. Mom and Dad have a small conversation. ''So?'' Mom leaves quickly to talk to Aunt Katniss on the phone (yeah, we still use it). ''Next to yours...... stone path.....tire swing......more room for us all.... yeah?.....thanks. Love you. Bye.'' ''Alright. Katniss said yes. As soon as we get home we can start drawing out plans. Kids, start working on your own rooms. Andrea, you can work on your own small cabin,'' Mom says, weary and pale. ''You alright?'' ''Just the normals.''
~~~~~~~
''I have a set of rules for you.'' Jonathan says, handing me a sheet of paper:
RULES FOR RUE 
1. NO CHECKING OUT/DATING DISTRICT BOYS. 
2. SEND ME LETTERS. 
3. DON'T FORGET ME. 
''Should I give you rules, too?'' I tease. ''I'll remember them all,'' Jonathan says, playing with my hair. ''What are you doing?'' I ask, laughing. ''I don't know. I just want to make this last forever. Put it in a bottle and take a sip every so often.''
~~~~~~~ 
''Will you be able to make a long, helicopter ride?'' ''Oh, c'mon. I'm not a baby. You'll be there soon with us.'' ''I worry too much. I just got you back, and now I don't want to lose you.''
(I overheard this. I assume it was with Mom and Dad.)
~~~~~~
A very bad room design:
I'll show a much better drawn picture later. 
~Rue

2 comments:

  1. Aw Jonathan is adorable!!!
    P.S. I have a terrrrrrrible memory so remind me who Andrea is again :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. :)
      Andrea is really Nora, but for some odd reason before I even knew her I renamed her Nora.

      Delete