Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let's Play!

It was the day after the tea party AND the Memorial Feast (quite a day!), and Finch and I spent the day being lazy. If you ask me, I think we earned our lazy day. 
The Avoxs (they get payed now, and they get a choice of where to work) brought us food, fashion magazines, life sized posters of ourselves (he he), and much more.
Finch and I set our life sized posters of ourselves next to the door and hide, hoping somebody would come and start talking to 'us'. Somebody did!
''Rue,'' Mom says, walking outside to the cardboard posters. ''I've been thinking. Finch, you might want to listen to this, too. Wouldn't it be just amazing if you got jobs?! Spend your days earning your own money, feeling the freedom, being free?!'' Mom pauses. ''What do you think?'' Mom impatiently waits for about 2 minutes, probably assuming 'we're' thinking about it. ''So?'' Mom stamps her foot. Mom walks up to the poster and shakes 'my'  shoulders. ''AHH!!'' Mom screams, and falls backwards. ''Hey, um, bye, Mom,'' I say, practically running towards the door with Finch. ''RUEEEEE!!!!!!!!'' ''Ha ha, Mom, we never thought you'd talk about something so,.... serious,'' I say, walking with my back to the door. My hands grasp at the unseen door knob. I press against it, and that's when the doors opened and I fall into something... human-y. ''Oh, sorry,'' I say, not yet turning to look at the person I fell on. ''It's okay,'' says.... says.... stinkin' betrayer Jonathan. ''Oh,'' I say, ''it's you.'' Jonathan laughs. It's hard to hate him when he laughs.... ''Yeah, it's me'' he mocks. ''Want to play tennis?'' ''Fine, but I'm talking Finch with me,'' I answer. ''What?!'' Finch yelps. ''I'm really not in the mood to break a fight,'' she says. ''He'll be out cold before you ever notice,'' I whisper to Finch as we walk unwillingly towards the tennis court. 
Jonathan turns out to be.... good. He's making it even harder for me to hate him!!! ''So, are you going out with this David guy?'' Jonathan asks causally. I feel my face (thankfully) turn only a light pink. Finch smirks, and her eyes go all 'I'd like to see this'. ''Does it matter?'' I ask. His face turns light pink!!! Finch smirks yet again. ''No,'' he says, tension showing on his face. ''Good,'' I say, ''Because we have nothing between us.'' ''Good,'' he answers, his face contorted with anger, ''Because I'd hate to go out with a snob like you.'' He walks stiffly away, and Finch answers the obvious:
''I think he likes you.''
~Rue

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah well,.... like I said, there's NOTHING between us. I personally hate him, and I'm sure he hates me too.
      Good times, eh? ;p

      Delete
    2. Oh I don't think he HATES you :D. I happen to know for a fact that when a boy is mean to you that means he likes you.
      (Niall used to me VERY mean to me ;D)

      Delete
    3. But I think it helps when you are shy and oh so easy to bully. But I'M quite the other way around.
      Besides, David isn't mean to me---does that mean he hates me?

      Delete