Monday, July 16, 2012

Hanging out with Nora and Finch

''I think it's pretty nice.'' Nora said, staring critically at her new ring. ''I don't know what I think of it,'' I answer, staring at Nora's new aqua ring. The single aqua gem was surrounded by smaller white ones. Nora had bought this for herself, as an early birthday present (her parent's are dead--- they couldn't buy her anything).
''What do you want to do?'' Nora asks. ''Lillian wants a new wig.'' I say, trying to hide my giggles. ''Lillian, or Rue?'' ''Both.'' ''Let's find Finch then.''
After stopping at the best ice cream parlor in all of Panem, Nora, Finch, and I crowd down to a small French wig shop. ''I like this one,'' Nora sighs, staring at a long-haired blue wig. ''It'd be fun to dress as an Japanese Anime character,'' I suggest, thinking about all the old shows I'd seen from a different planet/place. ''Alright then,'' Finch says, placing a red haired bob wig on me ''Let's get started.''

''I think I look fab-boo!'' Finch exclaims, styling the 'Katniss Inspired Fire Braid'. ''Perfect,'' Nora agreed, ''Because I'm buying it for you for your birthday!''


''Totally it,'' We all agree, fingering a wig. ''I'll take this,'' I say to the sales women.
''I'll catch up,'' I reassure Nora, just spotting David. ''Ohhh,'' Finch sighs. ''Sure,'' Nora agrees, smiling the secret smile of hers.
''Hey!'' I call to David waving my hands, totally forgetting I was still wearing the wig. ''Who are you?'' David asks, smiling at me blankly. ''Oh, you know me!'' I say laughingly. ''Don't tease.'' ''Oh, yeah I do!'' He suddenly agrees. ''You are the cute blonde girl. Dyed your hair? I like it.'' ''What?'' I ask, smile falling. ''Here's my number. Call me sometime; maybe we could set up a date,'' David says, walking away. ''Wait, don't you have a girlfriend?'' I call, desperately. ''Two. But I'd dump them both for you,'' he says still walking. ''Oh,'' I softly stammer, and a single tear runs down my cheek.
I'm crying softly by the outside pool (alone), and I hear somebody walking up. ''Rue,'' Jonathan's voice says, ''I want to say I'm sorry, and I really like you. I hope you'll forgive me,'' Jonathan says, sounding like somebody who perfectly memorized his words. ''What?'' I ask, looking up with my blurry mascara all over me. ''Wow,''  Jonathan softly whistles. ''Not helpful!'' I sob, tucking my head in with my knees once more. ''Sorry.'' I hear Jonathan plunk down besides me. ''I'd like to get my hands on whoever did this to you.'' ''Boys,'' I sigh/sob. I explain my story to Jonathan (not like he'd understand any of it). ''Why are you crying over such a loser?'' Jonathan asks when I finish. ''You're right,'' I say, wiping up my tears. ''Thanks,'' I hug Jonathan and softly kisses his cheek. ''See you later,'' Jonathan says, red.
To sum my long story up:
-Found out David is a back stabbing lady killing wart faced cheater.
-Found out who I really like is Jonathan.
-Found a wig perfect for Lillian.
-Am going to dump David on his sorry little buttocks very soon.
~Rue

2 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES! You and Jonathan are going to live happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that what you said with David and I? Who knows who'll be next.

      Delete