Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lillian's Adventures

My first Lillian post! Let's see what happened with my first Lillian Adventure:
Finch, Mom, Nora, and I all agreed Lillian should have a job. Nora pulled out some advertisements from a Capitol Newspaper for me. ''I think this one would pay the best, but you'll have to get interviewed for all of them. I already called them and sent them your thingy I can't remember right now. Your first interview is in 30 minutes,'' Nora said, handing over three small slips of paper. ''Thanks!'' I said, excited. ''I'll drive you over. It'll take 25 minutes, so we might as well get boogin'.''
Nora dropped me off 2 blocks away (because Lillian's new in the Capitol) from the interview building. I could see in looming over me in the colorful Capitol fog. I tried to walk straight and determinedly, but I was a little frightened! The moment I opened the door I bumped into somebody. ''Sorry,'' I mutter. The man waves his hand. He has a hat and sunglasses and a full suit on. I keep on walking. ''Hi, I'm here to be interviewed for the hacking job,'' I tell the lady at the desk. ''You're early! Mr. Manchkin will be delighted. 28th floor, room number 305. Elevators aren't working, you'll have to take the lift.'' My stomach sinks-- Lifts are like elevators, except they are see through, without bars to hold on, super fast, and outside.
Finally getting to the interviewing room, I breath slowly. I knock on the door, holding my breath. ''Come in,'' comes a deep, gruff man's voice. ''I'm here to be interviewed. I'm Lillian Franch,'' I say, opening the door. ''Sit down.'' He orders. He has sun-tanned skin, callouses, black hair, and startling green-aqua eyes... just like mine. ''I understand you taught to hack by family in District 13... Can you tell me more about that?'' He asks. He asks more and more questions until finally: ''Lillian Franch, I think you're perfect for the job. Welcome aboard. Ask Shirley for when to come, and such boring stuff,'' He waves his hand away, just like Reef does. ''Thank you. Good bye... Mr..... Um,'' I stammer. ''Manchkin. Finnick Manchkin.'' ''Mom a fan of the late Finnick Odair?'' I ask causally, heart beating. ''Yeah, huge fan. From District 4. Knew the real Finnick, friend of Annie.''
''Huh;'' and with that I close the door, and possibly said goodbye to my brain, I will never know.
Because I happened to be so stupid I was blind, as well.
~Rue

No comments:

Post a Comment