Saturday, July 7, 2012

Peaceful Tea Party

''Time to clear your mind.''
Nora and I were in a sandy dessert, wind blowing around us; sand getting into the smallest fold of our dresses and stinging our bare arms and faces. Nora flipped out a small box from a hidden pocket in her dress and presses two small buttons on it. It folds out into a small but spacious tent. ''Water and sand resistant,'' Nora nods.


(in case your wondering, Nora put white powder on her tattoo ''It's not very ladylike for a tea party'')
''First Peaceful Tea Party meeting in order!'' Nora shouts. ''Some day we'll add Finch?'' I ask. ''Sure. Time to clear your mind. I'll start,'' Nora says. ''What's been bothering me is---there's this creepy dude who's been following me around. Black hair, blue eyes, light olive skin. Whenever I try to talk to him, he runs away.'' Nora shrugs. ''It feels better having said it out loud.'' ''I'll tell you if I ever see him following you. I'll help you out. What's been bothering me is---Jonathan's being annoying. While I stayed at Golum Manor, we were pretty good friends. He seemed nice, kind, smart, and funny. But I guess I was wrong. When we were dancing at the Memorial Feast, he was being horrible to me. I don't even know what he was talking about!'' I said painfully. It was an open wound--being stung again just by facing the facts out loud. ''It takes a long time to figure out who to trust, and even then they can betray you. If I ever see him, I'll stick close by. Give him a piece of my mind.'' Nora says. ''Thanks. Time for the tea?'' ''Nah,'' Nora says, grinning, ''I hate tea. I brought Gimaliouz. And rose-petal chocolate.''
~Rue
P.S. Gimaliouz is a popular Capitol drink; made with with lemonade and a another gingery drink, mixed with cherry syrup, and with a powder at the bottom (when you shake it it turns into vanilla ice cream--yum!)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You'll come with us next time, pinky promise (sticks computer pinky out)!!!

      Delete