Monday, July 16, 2012

I Unlike You

''I want to give you something,'' David says. He hands me a small black box. I hadn't dumped him yet, because I was saving it for the perfect moment. I open the box. Laying within the box is a beautiful gold necklace. ''It reminded me of you,'' he says. ''Thanks,'' I say, ''But I won't be needing this.'' I shove it back into his hands. ''Because I unlike you don't cheat on boyfriends/girlfriends. I unlike you don't find myself so vain that I need two boyfriends/girlfriends. I unlike you am walking away now clean.'' And with that I pour both of our sticky Gimaliouz on his head, and shove the single piece of pie onto his face. ''Ta-ta,'' I say cheerfully, walking away with a skip in my step. I barely step away before I hear: ''Rue?! I'm sorry. I was wrong. Please forgive me?'' He begs. I whirl around angrily. ''Yes, David, you were wrong. Am I going to believe you are never going to do this again? No. Because you have proven you are not trustworthy. You must think it's fun breaking backwood District girls' hearts, or else the great, mighty Daivd Paylor-Kayman would never beg to a lowly silly District girl! Have a good day breaking other girls' hearts. I'm glad I'm no longer one of them.'' I spin on my heel and storm back up the hill. Nora was watching all the time, and I proudly fist-bump with her. I'd say I did a good job breaking up with David. ''Got it on tape?'' I ask. ''Wouldn't miss it for the whole world.''
~~~~~~~~
''Yes, David, you were wrong. Am I going to believe you are never going to do this again? No. Because you have proven you are not trustworthy. You must think it's fun breaking backwood District girls' hearts, or else the great, mighty Daivd Paylor-Kayman would never beg to a lowly silly District girl! Have a good day breaking other girls' hearts. I'm glad I'm no longer one of them.''
''This is too good,'' Reef says, laughing. The video of me breaking up with David is now online, and has more than 30,000 hits.
I feel only a tiny weeny bit bad about putting the tape online. But trust me, he deserved it.
~Rue

2 comments: