Thursday, July 5, 2012

Memorial Feast (2) Part 3

Ohh, my mind was in a simple state of happiness. David---dear David, darling David---snap out of it, my mind told me. David had arrived shortly after Finch, Mom, Aunt Katniss, and I had finished our tea. ''Hi,'' I had stammered. I felt so stupid. ''Rue, could I talk to you alone?'' David asked. Mom sent David a warning glance, but thankfully he hadn't noticed it. ''Sure,'' I stood up and walked three hallways, two rooms, one tennis ball court, and down a small path to a tiny weeny lake with David. ''Perfect,'' he smiled. ''This might seem kinda odd,'' Oh no--I thought. He's going to turn into Spider Man. ''We aren't really supposed to ask anybody to the feast, and your already going, and if you don't want too---'' He sighed and put his hands up in the air. ''I'm being so idiotic. Rue, will you go to the Memorial Feast with me?'' David asked bluntly.

I had accepted--but of course. A semi-date with David; how could I not accept?!?!
David transported with my family, of course. So we couldn't do anything all 'cutesy' (I wouldn't want to, anyway :p).
''Look,'' David and I are standing before the White House, but that's not what he's pointing at. ''Look,'' he says again. This time he slowly takes the back of my head in his hands and turns it. ''That.'' He points to a black warehouse, engulfed in beautiful vines and fruit vines. ''No,'' I mutter. I blindly stumble away from his hands. ''Rue?'' David asks. ''Nooo,'' I wail/moan. I may have not told you this, but I'm prone to black-outs and flash-backs. Fun? No. My knees feel weak, and I know what's coming on.
THUMP!
''It's for your own good, Rue.'' ''Rue!'' I stir. ''It'll help you later on in life, Rue darling.'' ''HELP!'' ''Remember my name. Remember I didn't die. Remember she knows.'' 
'''RUE!!!!!'' David is shaking my shoulders hard, and everybody is crowded around me. Aunt Katniss is shouting '' 'give the pregnant lady some space!' '' and trying to rush to my aid. ''Can you walk?'' My knees feel as weak as Jell-O. I shake my head, 'no'. ''Oaky-doky.'' David picks me up, and starts carrying me towards the Memorial Feast building (yes--it has it's own building!). If I hadn't been in a recent black-out just then, I would of thought it romantic. :)
David gently lays me down on a small red velvet couch, located in the front of the building. I wish I was alone. ''David,'' Mom whispers, ''Why don't you stay with your mom for a while? Reef will find you when Rue's ready.'' David looks at me one last, pitiful time and walks away, who knows where. ''Cinna, Reef, Peeta, OUT!'' Mom's voice turns brisk. ''Hey--'' Reef begins. ''OUT!!'' They sheepishly walk away. ''Much better.''
I am pampered, checked for bleeding (when I fell), and told to sip on mint tea. ''If Rue's okay, let's go to the Memorial Feast,'' Finch suggests. ''I feel fine,'' I agree, sitting up straighter to prove my point. ''All right, but take it slow. Don't dance if you don't feel fine,'' Mom glances worriedly at me. ''I'll be fine,'' I sigh, and we start making our way to the Memorial Feast Dining Room.
Mom stays by my side throughout the whole meal. Many dancing cards are being passed out, and a few people ask for mine. I place my name on Finch's card, and Finch places her's on mine. Reef places his name on many Capitol girls' cards. 
Just as dessert is being served, a hear a voice I recognize: ''May I see your dancing card?'' I look up. Jonathan! ''Of course,'' I say coolly, not feeling cool at all.
The dance with David painfully finishes (Finch is looking pretty sad, too---her dance with Niall ended). Jonathan walks over and takes my hand. ''You know,'' he says, ''Mammy hand sewed all those gems on your gown.'' ''Are you suggesting I didn't thank her for it? I know what lengths she took for it, and I am very grateful,'' I coldly say. I feel terrible---for the time I stayed at Golum Manor Jonathan and I were good chums. ''I just want to remind you that you have things to live for. People think high of you, and don't let Mammy down. The news could break her,'' Jonathan states. The nerve of him! ''Good day,'' I say, and walk away, leaving Jonathan stranded in the sea of dancers. When I'm out of sight, I start to run. I find an empty parlor and tuck my knees up to my chest, crying. ''I hate him!'' I sob. ''Who?'' David asks gently, slipping into the parlor and sitting next to me. ''I don't even know!'' I sob louder, leaning against David. Suddenly the door opens and Reef and a red-haired Capitol girl step in, kissing. Eww. The other door opens, and theres Mom, with her mouth open. Reef and the Capitol girl (I named her Nora) step apart. ''Rue,'' Reef says. ''MOM!'' He yelps. ''Reef,'' Mom sternly says. ''Um, Mom, meet Andrea,'' he waves a hand towards Nora.
Nora/Andrea and David are sent away, Reef is spanked, and I am deeply questioned for my crying.
So maybe today wasn't a totally success, but it wasn't half bad either. :)
A very tired and perhaps unstable,
~Rue

2 comments:

  1. aww Rue I hope your feeling okay! If you need any help with that jerk Jonathan just ask! Hahaha Reef got spanked! and lat but not least... You and David are the cutest couple EVER! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well--Jonathan and I aren't speaking anymore. And yes---Reef's cheeks were red, because I got to watch him get spanked! DAVID AND I AREN'T A COUPLE! If we're a couple, than so are you and Niall!!!

      Delete